About the Campus Safety Grant Committee
The Campus Safety Grant Committee is a presidential standing committee established to address women's safety issues on campus, and in so doing, to establish, promote and improve facilities, programs and services at the University of Windsor. The Grant has been funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities since 1991. In August of 2016, the MTCU increased our allocation to $64,000 in order to further support efforts in addressing sexual violence and making campuses safer for women.
What qualifies for this grant?
In accordance with the parameters set by the ministry, submissions are required to support one of the following broad categories or objectives:
- Awareness/Education (e.g., workshops, websites, awareness campaigns).
- Facilities/Equipment (e.g., lighting, mirrors, security cameras, emergency phones).
- Student Services/Supports (e.g., campus “Walk-Safe” programs, sexual assault prevention initiatives, volunteer training, resource materials).
Eligible expenses for Awareness and Education
Funds allocated under CSG may be used for the following expenditures related to sexual violence prevention as well as general campus safety programs to benefit students:
- Campus safety websites and resource centers including the production of flyers, videos and digital products for online distribution.
- Supplies and promotional materials for specific campus awareness and social media campaigns on safety issues such as combatting sexual violence and building consent awareness.
- Hosting or co-hosting awareness programs, safety and/or sexual violence conferences, courses and speaker honoraria.
- Research projects/safety audits
- Employee salaries and benefits
- Consultant fees
When are submissions due and where do I fill out the application?
Submissions are due: January 31, May 31, and October 31 of each year.
Follow this link to download the Terms of Reference.
Follow this link to download the Campus Safety Grant Application Form.
Follow this link to download the CSG Project Completion Form.
Upcoming Meeting Dates for 2021-2022
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021
- Wednesday, February 16, 2022
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022