Did you miss Head Start? Not to worry! We've included presentations and resources offered at our Head Start Program below.
Learn about the differences between high school and university and what it takes to be a successful student on our campus.
Get the inside scoop on what it’s like to be a student in university from upper year students already attending the university.
Meet our student leaders and get valuable information about how you can support your student as they commence on their new academic journey. Learn the important differences between high school and university expectations. Understand the financial commitments required to complete a university program. Leaders will share information about student privacy policies, available mental health resources, academic accommodations, support resources and campus community safety initiatives.
Our parents, guests and family members can learn answers to commonly asked questions they have when their student is transitioning to university.
Learning how to live on a budget for the first time? Not to worry, this session will provide you with many of the strategies you will need to successfully manage your finances as a post-secondary student. Students will also learn about the many scholarships and bursaries our university offers, how OSAP works and all the important dates to remember. At the conclusion of this session, participants will be provided an opportunity to tour Residence, Leddy Library, Lancer Sport and Recreation, the Science Buildings and/or the Learning Resource Centre.
What is Head Start?
Head Start summer orientation program is designed for new students who are embarking on their post-secondary experience here at the University of Windsor.
Learn about some of the major differences between high school and university, discover ways to get involved on campus, connect with academic advisors, learn about life as a Lancer, and much more all from the comfort of your own home.
Our Head Start program includes:
- Faculty presentations;
- Sessions for you and your parents, guardians or supporters to learn about life at UWindsor;
- Go on a tour of the campus; and
- Opportunities to meet with other incoming students
Why should you attend Head Start?
As a new student, you should attend Head Start because it can help you answer questions about programs and services on campus and support and prepare you for life at the University of Windsor before September arrives.
"I'd have to say that Head Start was the absolute best way to start my University Career. All the amazing friends I made and getting to know where my classes are definitely made me feel a whole lot more confident going into the fall semester"- Jeff, 2nd Year Biochemistry
Students who successfully complete the Head Start orientation program will know how to:
- Reflect on the importance and significance of independent learning at the university level.
- Develop a sense of school spirit and identity with the campus culture.
- Formulate a financial plan that will address their needs as a post-secondary student.
- Recognize the marketability of their degree within the context of the current job market.
- Recognize the importance of getting involved in the campus community.
- Navigate the main campus and identify the main buildings.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards the start of classes in the upcoming semester.
Ready to Start Planning your Program?
Get the information you need to know when registering for classes in one convenient location.
For photos, updates about student life on campus, awesome prize giveaways, or for fun things to do, follow us at @UWinStudentExp.email@example.com.