Thank you for you interest in doing a Snapchat or Instagram Takeover!
To be eligible for a takeover of the UWindsor Snapchat or Instagram accounts, you must connect with the Social Media Coordinator and request a specific day and time along with an email from a faculty or staff member who can endorse you as a UWindsor ambassador.
When capturing your activities on Snapchat and Instagram, remember the following tips:
- The main UWindsor Social Media Channels represent the University of Windsor brand.
- Do not share the password with any other students.
- Post a snap or an Instagram post the night before to advertise your takeover.
- Keep the email and password with you at all times in case the Social Media Coordinator logs on.
- Make sure students provide a verbal consent to be on the UWindsor Snapchat channel before you take the picture/video.
- If you are having any issues whatsoever, please connect with Tim Brunet (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Provide this email (email@example.com) for anyone who needs to connect regarding social media.
- Save and download all snaps immediately. If I login and you haven’t saved your snaps, they will be lost.
- At the end of the day download your story /snaps and then send this to me so that it can be potentially posted on other UWindsor Social Media sites.
- Have fun!
Helpful Snapchat hacks: You may find the following YouTube channel “Break the Internet” helpful for learning the new features of Snapchat. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTJH6F6ClCILYFtX2saO_xA
Be sure to practise on your own account before attempting them on the UWindsor account.