Thank you for your interest in doing an Instagram Takeover!
To be eligible for a takeover of the UWindsor Instagram account, you must connect with the Social Media Coordinator and request a specific day and time along with an email from a faculty or staff member who can endorse you as a UWindsor ambassador.
When capturing your activities on Instagram, remember the following tips:
- The main UWindsor Social Media Channels represent the University of Windsor brand.
- Do not share the password with any other students.
- You will be given a contact to share you content with ahead of time (Instagram stories, videos, pictures, etc.). We will post the content on the main channel. We have the capacity to link content to a webpage. Please do link your stories to actions that users can take to pursue UWindsor initiatives further.
- Make sure students provide verbal consent to be on the UWindsor Instagram channel before you take the picture/video. Additionally, be sure that you have the approval to take pictures at all locations.
- Create a post to advertise when the takeover will occur and post it two days prior to the event.
- If you are having any issues, please connect with the Office of Public Affairs and Communication.
- Have fun!
Helpful Instagram hacks: https://blog.hootsuite.com/instagram-hacks/
Be sure to share your ideas with a few people before bringing your content to the main UWindsor channel. Since the audience is very broad, advanced preparation is key.