Respect University Time and Property
University computers and time on the job are reserved for university-related matters and not personal social media interaction. Please refer to UWindsor's Wireless Network and Digital device policies for further information.
Be Aware of the SM Platform (and Mobile Application) Policies, Risks, and Regulatory Mechanisms
SM platforms have specific processes and settings for handling confidentiality, copyright, user safety, and moderation. Be aware of these policies and settings in order to protect yourself, and your University of Windsor Community members.
Protect confidential and proprietary information
Do not post confidential or proprietary information about the University of Windsor, staff, students, faculty, or volunteers. Refer to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for more information.
Resources and Information about privacy and regulation.
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Notice of Disclosure, Confidentiality and Use of Personal Information (FIPPA)
- Electronic Communication Laws, Do Not Call, and Telemarketing
- Understanding Copyright in Canada
- Creative Commons (protect your documents with free copyright licensing)