Students in front of Dillon Hall

Transfer Students

Transfer credit, also known as "advanced standing", refers to the number of credit or course equivalents you may be awarded towards your degree at the University of Windsor based on previous postsecondary studies.

Transfer Credit Process

  • If you are transferring from another postsecondary institution (whether college or university), you should complete the OUAC 105 online application form.
  • Once you have applied and we have received a copy of your transcript your transfer credit assessment will begin.
  • An evaluation of documents fee is required and must be paid online.  Please see the Registrarial Service Fees for the current fee.
  • The University of Windsor will transfer the maximum credit possible.  Transfer credit awarded can be affected by your grade point average, residency rules and the relevance of previous coursework to the degree program to which you have applied.
  • You may receive transfer credit based on courses previously evaluated at the U of Windsor.  View existing equivalencies on our Course Equivalency Database.
  • You will be asked to submit course outlines for courses that have not been previously evaluated for transfer credit.
  • Prior to submitting the course outlines, please review the Guidelines for Submitting Course Outlines.
  • Once the new transfer credit results are complete, your UWinsite Student account will be updated.
  • It is recommended course outlines be submitted by May 15 to ensure credit evaluation for the Fall semester and November 15 for the Winter semester.


Need help?


and select the topic 'Admissions - Transfer Students' for assistance.