The Office of Research and Innovation Services at the University of Windsor administers research grants and contracts and is the point of contact for the federal granting councils (NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR, CFI), government ministries, industry, associations and foundations which typically provide financial support for the university scholarship research and creative activities.
Our focus is on supporting and promoting research at the University of Windsor, in all faculties, schools, and research centres and institutes. This is accomplished by a variety of means. The Office of Research and Innovation Services staff members provide services in:
- Identifying funding sources and research opportunities for faculty
- Providing information about funding sources, programs, deadlines, application material, regulations and policies
- Acting as liaison with funding agencies on behalf of researchers
- Reviewing applications for research grants to ensure consistency with the agency’s conditions and the University’s policies
- Assisting in the development, submission and tracking of grant proposals and contracts
- Providing assistance to faculty in structuring budgets
- Establishing research accounts
- Administration of internal competition for research support
- Organizing and conducting workshops to assist in writing and preparing proposals
- Ensure ethical considerations are addressed and certification provided as required
- Compiling University research reports
- Maintenance of statistics on research funding at the University of Windsor
- Publicizing opportunities and research-related events to the University research community
We encourage you to make an appointment to visit our office, located in the Joyce Entrepreneurship Centre, 1st Floor (east side), and meet the staff of the Office of Research and Innovation Services. Research is a significant component of the mission of the University of Windsor and our office is dedicated to supporting the research enterprise here.