Message from the Residence Life team
Thank you for being a part of our residence community! Now that you are leaving, we hope we can make your move out a smooth process! If you are planning on moving out prior to the end of your contract, please review our Cancellation/Withdrawal information and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions/concerns.
When checking out,
- You must use an EXPRESS CHECK OUT ENVELOPE for your keys when you are leaving residence.
- These envelopes can be found by in the lobby of Alumni Hall in the black mailbox by the student mailboxes.
- Fill out the information on the envelope, place your keys inside, seal the envelope
- Drop the envelope in the outgoing mail slot below the black mailbox
- Charges will be posted on your Uwinsite Student account if keys are not returned upon departure.
- You are permitted to have one person come into residence to assist you with your move out.
- They must complete the Ontario COVID self-assessment found here at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/ the day they will be in residence and they must keep a mask on at all times while in the residence building.
- If you have a roommate please ensure your roommate is aware of when the person will be in your room.
- Empty the garbage and recycling
- Empty and clear your refrigerator, DO NOT UNPLUG!
- Remove tape from ceiling walls and doors
- Return furniture to original position
- If your bed has a mattress cover, remove it from your bed, and put it in a plastic bag
- CLOSE YOUR WINDOWS AND LOCK YOUR DOOR!