Dear WURA Members,
Please review the appended email from Tranum Kaur, Chair, Mary Lou Dietz Equity Leadership Award Committee and consider nominating someone you feel is deserving of this award.
Roger Lauzon, President WURA.
Subject: Call for Nominations for the Mary Lou Dietz Equity Leadership Award 2020
January 13, 2020
To: Mr. Roger Lauzon, President
Windsor University Retirees’ Association
University of Windsor
Dear Mr. Lauzon:
It is with great pleasure that I write to you about the Mary Lou Dietz Equity Leadership Award. This award honors a current, former or retired WUFA member who has made considerable contributions in furthering employment equity at the University of Windsor.
We kindly request that you nominate or put out a call to WURA members to nominate someone they know from campus who has furthered the cause of employment equity.
The criteria for nomination include, but is not limited to:
- Public advocacy on equity
- Leadership as a Department Head, or faculty member in recruiting and mentoring diverse candidates and colleagues
- Scholarly work, including paper presentations, lectures and/ or publications on equity
- Service on equity committees such as SWDEAC, Presidential Commission on Employment Equity (PCEE), Review Committee on Employment Equity (RCEE), Employment Equity/Procedure Assessor (EE/PA), Working Group on Equity Review (WGER), Human Rights Tribunals, etc.
- Innovative strategies for creating a climate of equity on campus
- Service to the Faculty Association in employment equity and human rights
- Providing mentorship, guidance and support to students
- Excellence in teaching and innovative curriculum design to further the cause of employment equity and diversity
The Mary Lou Dietz Equity Leadership Award Committee will review nominees and select one candidate to receive the 2020 award. The deadline for nomination is March 2, 2020.
Nomination forms and procedures are attached and can be found on the WUFA website: https://www.wufa.ca/
WUFA (Windsor University Faculty Association) is a democratic, member-led association of full-time and part-time faculty, librarians, learning specialists, clinical psychologists, and coaches.
Tranum Kaur, Chair, Mary Lou Dietz Equity Leadership Award Committee.
The Status of Women, Diversity and Equity Action Committee