Institutional Guiding Principles for Resumption to Campus Activities
The University of Windsor is actively transitioning from our response to the pandemic to planning for a phased approach to return to our campus operations. As we emerge from this first wave of the pandemic, the following approaches will guide our planning:
- Our top priority is to provide a safe environment for our staff, faculty and students.
- Our return to campus will be gradual, deliberate and guided by prevailing public health advice and provincial restrictions.
- We will establish a phased approach that will guide our framework and planning.
- We will prioritize critical research associated to COVID-19 and resume other research as approved by public health authorities.
- Staff and faculty will receive considerable advanced notice of their resumption to work plan and the associated protocols.
- We are committed to advancing the mission of our university while providing an exceptional student experience.
- We will adapt our program delivery in alternative and innovative methods so as to engage our students and support their learning journey.
RTC Working Groups:
Purpose of the Working Group
The overall objective is to identify all considerations for a resumption to work on campus as it applies to the appropriate Working Group and bring forth recommendations and protocols for implementation. Such details will contribute towards the university’s comprehensive plan for resumption to work on campus.
Terms of Reference
The Working Groups will be expected to do the following:
- Work collectively to exchange knowledge and expertise to address concerns/issues related to the specific Working Group area and the impact across campus
- Draft policy recommendations
- Identify any budget considerations
- Identify short term and long-term objectives
- Identify key decision points that need approval
- Identify other campus-wide constituents and consultation areas requiring feedback (ie Finance, Legal, Facilities)
- Provide input and solutions to the outlined tasks and issues within a quick turnaround
- Ensure that all recommendations are in accordance with directives put in place by the Ministry of Health, and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act as well as associated regulations and public health directives issued by the province
- Have respective Chairs present recommendations to the Pandemic Planning Committee (PPC)
- Review feedback provided by PPC and incorporate, where feasible
- Bring forward recommendations to the Joint Health and Safety Committee for input
- When requested, have respective Chairs or their delegate present proposed plans of action, budget considerations and recommendations to the appropriate VP for additional considerations/approvals
- When requested, have respective Chairs or their delegate present their operational plan to the President’s Executive Pandemic Committee
- Coordinate relevant information between other Working Groups for consistent procedures and messaging
|Working Group||Chair(s)||Members (as of June 26, 2020)|
|Space Preparation & Planning||Colin McLellan||John Regier, Erika Kustra, Heather Cantin, Dan Castellan, Denice Shuker|
|Building Maintenance & Custodial||John Regier||John Spriggs, Rob Fontanini, Rajeev Chawla, Andy Jenner|
|Safety & Support||Lisa Kiritsis||Mike Mackinnon, Laurie Freeman, Trevor Pittman, Denice Shuker, Sabrina Montgomery, Dave Yott|
|Research Planning||Heather Pratt||Patti Weir, Ken Drouillard, Tricia Carmichael, Brent Lee, Narayan Kar, Andy Jenner, Suzanne McMurphy, Rajesh Seth|
|Academic Planning||Jeff Berryman||Patti Weir, Bev Hamilton, Nick Baker, Erika Kustra, Marcin Pulcer, Alice Miller, Paramjot Gogia, Anna Lanoszka|
|Return to Campus — Staff||Marcela Ciampa||Janee Stallard, Paul Fraser, Darryl Danelon, Karen Pillon, Svetlana Gorgieva|
|Return to Campus — Faculty||Jeff Berryman||Bev Hamilton, Judy Bornais, Dora Cavallo-Medved, Laverne Jacobs, Nick Harney, Cheryl Collier, Edwin Tam, Danielle Soulliere, Clinton Beckford, Bob Arnold|
|Return to Campus — Students||Ryan Flannagan||Mohsan Beg, Francine Herlehy, Kerry Gray, Jennifer Johrendt, Kerri Zold, Herman Dayal, Lynette Kivisto, Chris Baillargeon|
|Communications||Jhoan Baluyot||Bev Hamilton, Marcela Ciampa, Judy Bornais, Karen Flannagan, Kevin Milne|
|Events & Athletics||Dave McEwan & Mike Havey||Sandra Ondracka, Patti Lauzon, Mark Bagley, Ligia Arias, Jasleen Dayal, Eric Vandenbroucke, Tina Pugliese|