In an effort to further support the health and safety of our faculty, staff and students, the University of Windsor requires all employees, students, visitors and contractors to wear a mask or face covering when entering all campus buildings and in common spaces where physical distancing may be difficult (entrances, exits, hallways, stairwells, lounges, washrooms and elevators). To read the mandatory mask policy, click here.
It is required that all approved staff and faculty working in shared spaces; with face-to-face interactions; or who clean high-touch contacts/areas, wear eye protection (face shield, safety glasses, goggles, or equivalent) and a 3-ply procedural mask. Supervisors can obtain these through the Chemical Control Centre.
- be 3-ply procedural mask
- or 2 layers of a tightly woven material fabric, such as cotton or linen + filter
◦ The third (middle) layer should be a filter-type fabric, such as non-woven polypropylene fabric
- be large enough to completely and comfortably cover the nose, mouth and chin without gaping
- allow for easy breathing
- fit securely to the head with ties or ear loops
- be comfortable and not require frequent adjustments
- be changed as soon as possible if damp or dirty
- maintain its shape after washing and drying
Workers who cannot wear a mask shall contact their supervisor or manager, or Human Resources regarding accommodations, alternative protection, and/or adjusted work practices. Students who cannot wear a mask shall contact Student Accessibility Services for accommodations.