The School of Computer Science intends to offer the following courses during Fall 2021 which might not be staffed by full-time faculty members as part of their normal teaching load. In accordance with section 54-07 of the 2017-2021Collective Agreement, the School invites applications from qualified individuals interested in teaching. This listing is subject to change.
Please be aware that this course posting may require the course to be offered using alternative learning technology in an online environment. To learn about what resources are available to learn about and use these technologies please contact the Office of Open Learning or the Centre for Teaching and Learning.
COMP 1410-01 Introduction to Algorithms & Programming II- (6 week offering)
COMP 8547-01 Advanced Computing Concepts
COMP 8547-02 Advanced Computing Concepts
COMP 8977-01 Internship/Project II
Submit applications by using the online application form forms.cs.uwindsor.ca/sessional-app on or before June 16, 2021.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science is required for teaching core undergraduate Computer Science courses (COMP1XX0 – COMP4XX0).
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science is required to teach CS graduate courses (COMP8XXX).
- Strong English communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer Science teaching experience at the University level.
- Recent training (past 5 years) in university teaching and Blackboard LMS.
- Recent professional experience (past 7 years) in a position in IT/CS industry which is relevant to the course topics.
- Refereed publications related to the course field published in the past 6 years.
Not all of the above courses may be offered, subject to budgetary approval and teaching allocation changes.
For additional information, please contact the School’s Office at email@example.com.
The University of Windsor is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from Aboriginal Peoples, persons with disabilities and members of the visible minorities. Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
Notes: Subject to provisions of the Collective Agreement, preference will be given to applicants with preferred status and qualified applicants who are full-time faculty members. Applicants who did not hold a faculty position in the School of Computer Science in the past 24 months are required to submit an updated CV and three recent letters of reference (not older than 12 months) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those successful will be contacted.