The Odette School of Business and the Faculty of Science are partnering with the Office of the Vice-President, Research to establish four awards (one in Odette and three in Science) from the RSF to recognize and support research excellence in their respective Faculties, and to help celebrate UWindsor’s 50th anniversary.
These awards are to be designated as “UWindsor Golden Jubilee Research Excellence Awards” (or Research Excellence Awards, REAs, for short).
Details of the REAs are as follows:
- Monetary contributions are from the Faculty’s RSF allotment;
- Duration of each REA is two years;
- Each REA carries a $ 40,000 p.a. monetary award, plus one-course release per year sponsored by the Faculty;
- REA is non-renewable but can be awarded again to the same individual after a new application, provided the awardee’s performance in research, as well as performance in meeting all other terms of the award in the last two years, is judged to be excellent;
- Process and criteria of REA selection will be developed by the Faculty in partnership with Office of the Vice-President, Research;
- REA can be used to leverage or augment other supports to the awardee, but the REA contribution must be explicitly stated; and
- REA Program is dynamic and will be flexible in response to future interests and needs.