International Women's Day 2021
Women's and Gender Studies Events:
Women’s and Gender Studies at UWindsor is pleased to support the South Asian Film Festival 2021—“Stories of, by and from South Asia”
This is a FREE, virtual Film Festival showcasing 15 South Asian documentaries from India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, and Myanmar!
This unique festival is inviting audiences all over the world to register and access these films free of cost.
The festival is aimed at amplifying South Asian culture and activism to create meaningful dialogues and intercultural awareness. We see these films as important resources for students, researchers, faculties and general film enthusiasts to learn more about South Asia and its diaspora.
Women's and Gender Studies is highlighting two films in the festival: https://www.uwindsor.ca/wgst/SADFF-JananisJuliet and https://www.uwindsor.ca/wgst/SADFF-FacingTheDragon
How it works:
- Sign up once for access to all 15 documentaries at: https://bit.ly/2PqacoO
- The festival runs from 12 March to 23 July 2021.
- Links for screenings will go live every Friday at 15:00 EST
- The films will be available to watch for a period of 24 hours from the said time of release allowing you to schedule your movie nights either on Fridays as well as on Saturdays accordingly.
- You can find details about each movie at: https://www.filmsouthasia.org/tfsa-2020/tfsa-20-package/
This festival will be screening movies from Film Southasia’s 2020 Package and is facilitated by Juice in co-sponsorship with the University of Windsor: Communication, Media and Film & Women’s and Gender Studies; Ryerson University’s Critical Diasporic South Asian Feminism Project; and the York Centre for Asian Research.
For further information, contact Anushray Singh (Juice editor and co-ordinator, South Asian Documentary Film Festival 2021): email@example.com