Head Start 2022 In Person Dates
- Friday, July 8th, 2022: Science & Education Day
- Saturday, July 9th, 2022: FAHSS & Education Day
- Friday, July 15th, 2022: Nursing, HK & Business Day
- Friday, July 22nd, 2022: Engineering Day
- Saturday, August 6th, 2022: General & Mature, Transfer, Part-Time Day
Head Start 2022 Online Program Date
- Friday, August 12th, 2022 - General Day
Registration will be made available through this website in May.
What is Head Start?
Head Start summer orientation program is designed for new students who are embarking on their post-secondary experience here at the University of Windsor.
Learn about some of the major differences between high school and university, discover ways to get involved on campus, connect with academic advisors, learn about life as a Lancer, and much more all from the comfort of your own home.
Our Head Start program includes:
- Faculty presentations;
- Sessions for you and your parents, guardians or supporters to learn about life at UWindsor;
- Opportunities to meet with other incoming students; and
- A campus resources fair to ensure you haven’t missed anything.
Why should you attend Head Start?
As a new student, you should attend Head Start because it can help you answer questions about programs and services on campus and support and prepare you for life at the University of Windsor before September arrives.
"I'd have to say that Head Start was the absolute best way to start my University Career. All the amazing friends I made and getting to know where my classes are definitely made me feel a whole lot more confident going into the fall semester"- Jeff, 2nd Year Biochemistry
Students who successfully complete the Head Start orientation program will know how to:
- Reflect on the importance and significance of independent learning at the university level.
- Develop a sense of school spirit and identity with the campus culture.
- Formulate a financial plan that will address their needs as a post-secondary student.
- Recognize the marketability of their degree within the context of the current job market.
- Recognize the importance of getting involved in the campus community.
- Navigate the main campus and identify the main buildings.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards the start of classes in the upcoming semester.
Ready to Start Planning your Program?
Get the information you need to know when registering for classes in one convenient location.
For photos, updates about student life on campus, awesome prize giveaways, or for fun things to do, follow us at @UWinStudentExp.email@example.com.