In almost all cases, students who ace job interviews have invested sufficient time and energy in preparation. To give yourself the best possible chance of landing that new position, considering utilizing one of Career and Employment Services' free interview-related services.
The Interview Skills that Get You Hired workshop teaches you to prepare effectively in order to reduce stress. Learn how to sell yourself as a valuable commodity as you demonstrate your "fit" for a position and the company culture that comes with it.
Individual Career Appointments
The Career and Employment Services Career Advisors have collectively conducted and observed countless interviews. A half-hour Interview Prep career advising appointment gives you the opportunity to discuss strategies and best practices ahead of your interview with a knowledgeable, objective party.
To schedule an appointment, log in to mySuccess and click on the blue bar that reads Book an Appointment.
Once you've attended an Interview Prep appointment or completed an "Interview Tips that Get You Hired" workshop, you may schedule an in-person mock interview with a member of the Career and Employment Services team. A Mock Interview, which takes approximately one hour, gives you an excellent opportunity to practice interviewing with a trained professional who is well versed in the job interview process.
To arrange a Mock Interview, phone the Career and Employment Services office at (519) 253-3000 ext. 3900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career and Employment Services hosts a number of downloadable student resources that help to clarify the career-planning process. The following resources apply to this topic:
- "So You Got the Interview: 12 Quick Tips for Impressing Your Future Employer"
- "Answer the Call: How to Ace Your Telephone Interview"
- "The Situation Room: Specific Types of Interviews and Interview Questions"
- "Approaches to Common Interview and Application Questions" (mySuccess exclusive)
- "Perfect Pitch: How to Sell Yourself in 30 Seconds"
- "The Professional Network: 13 Ways to Use LinkedIn to Your Advantage"
- "Best Face Forward: Tips for Using Social Media and the Internet Successfully"
- "Write Your Own Ticket: Composing Specific Emails & Letters" (mySuccess exclusive)
- "Preparing for Professional School Interviews" (mySuccess exclusive)
- "External Resources" (mySuccess exclusive)
Further career-oriented resources are available through mySuccess. From the left menu, select Career then Resources.