The University of Windsor Strategic Mandate Agreement 3 (SMA3) Consultation and Development Process
On April 11, 2019, the Ontario government announced that the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) will be negotiating Strategic Mandate Agreement 3 (SMA3, from 2020-25) with all Ontario universities.
The Strategic Mandate Agreement (SMA) is a bilateral agreement between the ministry and the university, which the ministry considers to be a key feature of the accountability framework for postsecondary education in Ontario. SMA3 bilateral discussions will focus on a new “performance/outcomes-based funding mechanism” announced in the Ontario 2019 budget. As part of SMA3, the ministry will confirm our performance-based funding and our enrolment corridor midpoints.
The University of Windsor is undertaking broad consultation to share information about the SMA3 process and to ensure that decisions related to this agreement reflect and advance the University’s strengths, values, priorities, and overall mission.
- For Deans: August 27 and September 18
- For Associate Deans, Heads, and Directors: September 19, 30
- All members of the campus community are invited to participate in the following SMA3 Town Hall Information Sessions:
- Town Hall 1: October 24, 2019. 1 pm - 2:30 pm, Winclare Room - Vanier Hall
- Town Hall 2: October 31, 2019. 1 pm - 2:30 pm, Alumni Auditorium - CAW Centre
We look forward to your input.
Information and reference materials regarding this important process
If you require viewing these documents in another format due to accessibility issues, or have questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.