Campus Community Police is committed to ensuring our campus community remains safe and secure as we all adapt and adjust to the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety and the the prevention of COVID-19 in mind effective Friday, March 20, 2020 at 2:00pm Campus Community Police will close public access to our office situated at 2455 Wyandotte Street West. The closure will not impact safety or response to calls for service on our campus - it merely changes how the campus community can initiate personal contact with us.
Please note that there are Campus Community Police personnel stationed inside the office at all times who can respond to any matter that requires assistance
Signs have been posted on the Campus Community Police front door indicating how to contact Campus Community Police should the need arise. Our contact information is as follows:
- dialing 519 253 3000 ext 4444 for emergency issues
- dialing 519 253 3000 ext 1234 for non-emergency issues
- by dialing 911 at any time
- (dialing 911 from your cell phone will go directly to the Windsor Police 911 Communications Centre)
- (dialing 911 from a University landline or campus emergency phone will go directly to the Campus Community Police Dispatch Centre)
We are hopeful that this change will assist in helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19 across our campus community. As a reminder Campus Community Police provide a 24-hour presence on our campus to respond to routine and emergency calls including police, fire and medical requests for service.
We would also like to take the opportunity to advise everyone to practice their Social Distancing skills by avoiding large crowds, avoid shaking hands and by trying to stay at least 2 metres away from others as much as possible.