The CTL offers one-on-one consultations with individual instructors, and meetings with departments and other groups directly involved in teaching, who are interested in exploring and/or developing aspects of their teaching practice. Teaching consultations are private and confidential.
Consultation topics may include:
- Program and/or course design
- Teaching techniques and practices
- Issues related to teaching assistants
- Gathering and integrating student feedback
- Blackboard Learn Transition
- Smart Boards
- Assembling a dossier for tenure and promotion, formal evaluation, teaching award nominations, applications to faculty positions, or doctoral students and early career faculty who wish to establish their teaching identities
Recognition of Teaching
- Individuals and departments interested in nominating a faculty member for a teaching award
- Coordination of external teaching awards
Instructors are also welcome to request a consultation on any other issue related to teaching and learning.
To request a consultation, contact Jessica Raffoul by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-253-3000, ext. 4829.