This first-of-its-kind, dual degree agreement allows graduate students from the University of Windsor and Politecnico di Torino in Italy to participate in cutting-edge research and development projects with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles while completing two master’s degrees in two countries.
The Windsor-Torino dual degree program offers a post-graduate level, international engineering education that addresses challenges and new strategies in the automotive sector. While earning a Master of Applied Science degree from the University of Windsor and a Laurea Magistrale degree from the Politecnico di Torino, students will receive solid professional training and the practical experience necessary to work in a competitive global environment.
After completing an undergraduate degree, students accepted into the program will begin with one year of graduate study in Windsor taking courses and working on a research thesis that is defined and supported by FCA Canada. Students will then travel to the Politecnico di Torino, where they will complete their master’s degree with an additional year of study and the completion of their thesis research with the support of FCA Italy. The entire program is conducted in English. The program starts in September and is typically completed over a two-year period.
Four key areas of study
- Vehicle Engineering
- Powertrain Engineering
- Manufacturing & Management
- Virtual Product & Process Engineering
- Completion of three courses in the key topic areas listed above, plus a graduate seminar at the University of Windsor
- Completion of 30 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) courses at Politecnico Di Torino
- A thesis on an R&D project developed in cooperation with FCA Italy and FCA Canada
Support will be provided through a combination of:
- Scholarships (NSERC/OGS)
- Graduate Assistantships (while in Year 1 at the University of Windsor, if eligible)
- Industrial Research & Development Internship (IRDI)/FCA Canada Internship (in the Spring/Summer)
- Research Assistantship from the University of Windsor supervisor (if eligible)
- Personal financial resources