The Student Counselling Centre is following the University of Windsor’s Emergency Academic Plan and is now closed to all in-person appointments, effective March 18th. Please see below for the change in service offerings:
- If you wish to make an appointment, we are working remotely by offering telephone and/or video conferencing. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you back within 24-48 hours.
- If you need to speak with someone immediately please contact MySSP at 1-844-451-9700 or download the ‘MySSP’ app for 24/7 talk or text counselling by licenced counsellors in multiple languages.
- If your or someone else’s life is at risk, please call 911 for emergency services.
We appreciate your understanding during this challenging time as we strive to continue to provide the best possible service to our campus community.
Find COVID-19 mental health tips, coping strategies and resources to manage your wellbeing during the pandemic:
The Student Counselling Centre at the University of Windsor provides registered students free, confidential mental health counselling delivered by trained mental health professionals. Students in crisis will be provided support and counselling.
Although attending university can be an exciting and dynamic experience, it can also present some challenges. Outside of the obvious academic pressures, students may have to deal with stresses related to:
- Physical or mental illness (e.g., depression, anxiety)
- Family issues
- Identity confusion
- Time management
- The end of important relationships
- Illness or death of a loved one
- Moving away from home
- Financial concerns
Sometimes coping with one or more of these stresses can prove to be overwhelming. The professional staff of the Student Counselling Centre are here to help!
The University offers short-term counselling and therapy services to students who may be experiencing a number of emotional and or behavioural difficulties during the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer semesters.
If a student has a need for long-term counselling, the University may provide referrals to assist the student in accessing resources in the community.