Effective July 27, 2020, the University of Windsor will require individuals to wear a non-medical mask or face covering when entering and exiting all campus buildings and in common spaces where physical distancing may be difficult (entrances, exits, hallways, stairwells, lounges, washrooms and elevators).
- All members of the University of Windsor community shall take responsibility for a safe and healthy campus environment. Accordingly, everyone should follow, uphold and communicate this policy.
- All individuals are required to wear a non-medical mask or face covering when entering all campus buildings.
- All individuals are required to wear a non-medical mask or face covering when in common spaces where physical distancing may be difficult, such as entrances/exits, stairwells, hallways, lounges, washrooms and elevators.
- No individual shall be required to provide proof of any of the exemptions set out in the exemption section of this policy.
- Signs at building entrances to campus buildings shall indicate masks are required upon entry.
- There will be a communication regarding this policy. The communication shall include information on best practices, public health advice and applicable legislation.
- All workers will be provided with a non-medical mask or face covering and instructions on how to properly wear, care for and dispose of the mask.
- Breaches of this Policy may result in disciplinary action. Violations under any current public health order, city bylaw or provincial legislation are also subject to charges and fines.