Let the power of live music warm you Sunday, February 9, as the School for Arts and Creative Innovation presents Concerto Showcase, a special concert featuring the Windsor Community Orchestra and five soloists, all winners of a competition between UWindsor music students.
The program includes:
- soprano Donja Jean Trivers performing “Der Hölle Rache Kocht in Mienem Herzen” from Die Zauberflöte by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- flutist Richard Kelly performing the first movement of Carl Nielson’s “Concerto for Flute and Orchestra”
- trumpeter Anthony Giglio performing “Trumpet Concerto in A-flat major (1950)” by Alexander Arutiunian
- flutist Lianne Harway performing “Ballade” by Frank Martin
- marimbist Christopher Chamberlain performing Fritz Kreisler’s “Tambourin Chinois, Op.3”
The Windsor Community Orchestra, under the direction of Peter Wiebe, is composed of about 50 musicians from the community, the University of Windsor and local high schools.
This performance will take place in Assumption University Chapel at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 general admission, $5 for students, and may be purchased in advance by phone at 519-253-3000 ext. 4212; or online at http://www.uwindsor.ca/music/.