The Windsor University Faculty Association’s Status of Women, Diversity, and Equity Action Committee is now accepting nominations for the Mary Lou Dietz Equity Leadership Award for 2018.
The award is named to honour Mary Lou Dietz — a late UWindsor faculty member and former head of the Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminology — in recognition of her contributions to the advancement of women in Canadian universities and colleges.
The recipient will be a current, former, or retired member of the faculty association who demonstrates the spirit of equity leadership by:
- Innovative strategies, approaches and activities for creating a climate of equity and diversity on campus;
- Leadership in recruiting diverse candidates, colleagues and students;
- Providing mentorship, guidance, and support to students and colleagues in the spirit of equity and diversity;
- Service on equity and diversity committees;
- Service to the Faculty Association;
- Public advocacy on equity and diversity;
- Scholarly work, including paper presentations, lectures, or publications on equity and diversity;
- Excellence in teaching and innovative curriculum design to further the cause of employment equity and diversity.
Nominations must include the nominee’s name, title, and credentials, as well as a single page outlining the nominee’s accomplishments and contributions, addressing the criteria set out above, and should be received by March 2.
Send nominations to the faculty association office by:
- e-mail to email@example.com as an MS-Word document; or
- post to WUFA, 366 Sunset Avenue, Windsor, ON N9B 3P4.