Jun 4th, 2018
Players recruited to Lancer men’s hockey for the coming season have the skills to address the team’s needs, says head coach Kevin Hamlin.
“We are really excited to have this tremendous group of young men wearing the Blue and Gold next season,” he says. “Each player competes hard and is a blue-collar individual who plays better in bigger moments.”
The recruiting class includes:
- forward Coy Prevost, captain of the Canmore Eagles in the Alberta Junior Hockey League for the past three seasons, who led the team in points with 126 in 153 games;
- defensemen Chays Ruddy, who helped to lead the Trenton Golden Hawks in the Ontario Junior Hockey League;
- forward Connor Logan, a transfer student from SUNY-Plattsburgh and previously a provincial champion with the Battleford North Stars of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League;
- forward John Wesley, who scored 68 points in 56 games with the British Columbia Hockey League’s Surrey Eagles;
- goaltender Lasse Petersen, who has split the past three seasons between the Western Hockey League and Manitoba Junior Hockey League, and backstopped Denmark at the 2017 World Junior Tournament;
- forward Ethan Skinner, who captained the Elmira Sugar Kings to the 2017 Sutherland Cup; and
- forward Brett Mennear, a transfer from Bentley University in Massachusetts who also played five seasons in the British Columbia Hockey League.
Read the full story, “Hamlin, Lancers announce 2018-19 recruiting class,” at goLancers.ca.