Mar 29th, 2022
March is a nutrition awareness month. In a message sent Monday to faculty and staff, Human Resources shares tips for planning budget-friendly meals:
- Make a menu. Decide which recipes you will make and write a list of the items that you will need to buy.
- Check your pantry, refrigerator, and freezer. Look for recipes that call for the foods you already have on hand.
- Enjoy grains more often. Grains such as rice, pasta, barley, and couscous can be used in different dishes — soups, stews, and salads.
- Plan to use leftovers. Think about how you can use left over food.
- Look for seasonal recipes. Vegetables and fruit are cheaper when they are in season.