Phone: (519) 352-1555
Office: Main Office, Leonard & Dorothy Neal Education Building
Associate Dean Graduate Studies and Research, Ph.D. Stirling, OCT, GTCS
B.A. (Waterloo), B.Comm.(Windsor); B.Ed., M.Ed. (Western Ontario)
Associate Researcher with Lews Castle College, The University of Highlands and Islands
- Member of: The Ontario Principals' Council; The Writers' Union of Canada (TWUC); and the Supervisory Officers' Program of Ontario
- Impact Study of Microsoft STEM school, Bertha Park High School, Perth and Kinross Council (2019-2022).
- Past Editor of The Journal of Teaching and Learning
- Book Reviews' Editor for The Canadian Journal of Education/Revue canadienne de l'éducation
- Canadian Children's Book Reviews' Editor for the National Reading Campaign
- $60,000 Scholastic research grant for Read 180, literacy intervention at Forster Secondary School in West Windsor (with Geri Salinitri) (2011-2013).
- Development of an international practice teaching placement (in Scotland) for pre-service English teachers.
- Writer-in-Residence, Municipality of Chatham-Kent and La Roche D'Hys Arts Centre, France.
- Multidisciplinary English curriculum
- Multilingualism and comparative education
- 05-80-669 Research Proposal Colloquium
- 05-8300 Qualitative Methods in Educational Research (Online)
- 05-80-602 Ph.D. Core Seminar, Qualitative and Narrative Methodologies
Smith, K. (2017). The Artists of Crow County. Windsor: Black Moss Press. (Shortlisted for the Walrus Poetry Prize.)
Cobb, C., C. Greig & K. Smith. (2016). Next to the Ice: Exploring the culture and community of hockey in Canada. Oakville: Mosaic Press.
Smith, K. (2016). Developing a Multi-literate Child. In Pamela R. Cook's, Guide to Early Childhood Education: Development-Design-Diversity. Cambridge Scholars Press Ltd.
Smith, K. (Ed.)(2010). ConnectED . Windsor: Faculty of Education, University of Windsor.
Smith, K. & Bèlanger, P. (2009). French for English parents: Fast-track language. Toronto: Livre Press.
Smith, K. (Ed.)(2007). Teaching, Learning, Assessing . Oakville: Mosaic Press.
Smith, K. & McMillan, C. (2006). Language musics. Canadian Music Educator/Musicien Educateur au Canada, 48(2): 28-33.
Pecaski McLennan, D. & Smith, K. (2006). Promoting positive behaviours using sociodrama. Journal of Teaching and Learning, 4(2): 47-55.
Smith, K. (2000). Gaelic language maintenance constructs. Journal of Celtic Language Learning, 5(1): 34-61.
Ph.D. - Stirling University (U.K.)
B.Ed., M.Ed. - University of Western Ontario
B.Comm. - University of Windsor
B.A. - University of Waterloo
Cook, Pamela, Ph.D. (2010). A comparative description of primary education in Belize, Central America. University of Windsor.
Karas, Gabriela, M.Ed. (2003). Multiple meanings of literacy: a review of international and comparative literature pertaining to the definition of literacy. University of Windsor.
Lin, Yi, Ph.D. (2009). Investigating role play implementation: a multiple case study on Chinese EFL teachers using role play in their secondary classrooms in China. University of Windsor.
Pecaski McLennan, Deanna, Ph.D. (2007). Kinder-caring: exploring the use and effects of sociodrama in a kindergarten classroom. University of Windsor