Graduate Students and AQ Courses
Education Graduate students are eligible to apply to register in Additional Qualification courses while active in the Education Graduate Program. Please follow the guidelines below to complete the process.
- Complete the application form on the Faculty of Education website
- The applicant must obtain the necessary signature (Advisor/Program Advisor/Supervisor) on the form before submitting it to the Education Graduate Program Office by the form submission deadline indicated below. This signature will indicate that they agree that the applicant is able to handle the course load between the two programs and that registration in a Additional Qualification course will not jeopardize the completion of the graduate degree in any way.
- Form submission deadlines:
- Intersession/Summer Session: April 1
- Fall Term: August 1
- Winter Term: November 15
- A recommendation will be sent from the Education Graduate Program Office to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and the applicant will be notified of the final decision by the Faculty of Graduate Studies office.
Criteria for Approval
- The applicant must not have a balance owing on their account from their previous term of registration when they submit this application.
- The applicant is responsible to pay graduate tuition fees by the tuition deadline in addition to the Additional Qualification fees.
- The applicant must not be on an approved Leave of Absence from the graduate program during the term of this request.
- Part-time Student Criteria:
- Part-time students will be transferred into the non-degree program if no graduate courses are being taken during the term of this request. Upon completion of the Additional Qualification course, it is the student’s responsibility to request a transfer back into the graduate program for the next term, so that registration in graduate classes may be resumed. This is to be done by notifying Mark Trudell (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Registrar’s office after completing the AQ course.
- Part-time students registering in AQ courses only during the term, must register in at least one graduate course during the next term, or re-application to the graduate program will be required.
- Part-time M.Ed. students must complete the program within 5 years of their first term of registration.
- Full-time students must register in at least one graduate course this term in order to maintain continuous registration in the program.
- Full-time M.Ed. students must complete the program within 3 years of their first term of registration.
All PhD students must complete the PhD program within a minimum of 3 years and maximum of 6 years.