On, Saturday Oct 24, 2015 universities across Ontario will host the 11th annual Go Engineering Girl Event for young women in Grades 7 through 10 and their parents to showcase the wide range of exciting and lucrative careers in engineering.
Please join us for Go Engineering Girl!
- Your morning will begin with coffee, registration and a presentation for everyone.
- After the panel discussion, parents will join their daughters where they can meet engineering students and view their projects.
- Check out the agenda and event poster for 2015.
- Check out the Twitter handle below!
- There is no cost to attend!
Saturday, October 24, 2015 from 8:30 am until 12:30 pm
Location: Ed Lumley Centre for Engineering Innovation Room 1100
You can register online at the ONWIE Website or by contacting Mike Konstantino at (519) 253-3000 ext. 2578 or by email at email@example.com. Registration is limited. Here is our agenda for the day. For more information you can check out the ONWIE website (Ontario Network of Women in Engineering.)
Parking is available in lot EE (which is behind the Ed Lumley Centre for Engineering Innovation). Please print off the following visitors parking pass to be displayed on your dash board the day of the event. For locations please view the campus map.
Things to Remember:
- You will need to submit a signed Permission Slip by a parent/ guardian when you check-in on October 24, 2015.
- You will need to provide your own transportation to and from the University.
- If you have food allergies, please let us know prior to the event
Go Eng Girl Twitter (Tweets)
Parents & participants are encouraged to document their day at Go ENG Girl through the use of Twitter in the following fashion:
- Ensure that all tweets include the hashtag #GoENGGirl
- Additionally, to differentiate between universities also include the university Twitter handle (for example if you are at the Go ENG Girl event at University of Windsor you would ask that all tweets include @UWindsorEng)
Mike or Shelly will be happy to answer any questions you may have
Mike Konstantino (firstname.lastname@example.org) 519-253-3000 Ext. 2578
Shelly Scurr (email@example.com) 519-253-3000 Ext. 2560
- "It was fun! Do it again next year!"
- "I enjoyed my experience and learned a lot. It really helps when there are so many confusing mixed messages to have an event like this. I now have a greater understanding of what engineering is and am looking forward to possibly pursuing a career in it one day."
- "I think this was awesome and that I want to come next year and I really hope that maybe we can build a car or something."
- "I really enjoyed this engineering workshop. It really explained my knowledge of engineering. It broadened my interest and will most certainly influence my career choice in the future"
- "It was a lot of fun and taught me a lot of things!"
- "The personal experience of the professionals were very useful"
- "Very informative, well organized. Liked the opportunity to discuss program with panel. Really impressed with presentation. I encourage you to continue promoting the field by visiting high schools in Windsor Essex and Lambton kent areas. This university has much to be proud of - need to get the message out."
- "Great experience, informative and fun!"