519-253-3000 ext. 3563
Office: 3060 CEI
- BEng (Mechanical Engineering)
- PhD (Civil Engineering)
- Fluid-structure interaction, sprays
- local scour, hydraulic structures
- mixing, jets, wall jets
- fluid flow with heat transfer
- International Association of Hydraulic Research
- Canadian Society of Civil Engineering
- CFD Society of Canada
- Essel, E., Tachie, M., Balachandar, R., 2021, Time-resolved wake dynamics of finite wall-mounted circular cylinders submerged in a turbulent boundary layer, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, In press.
- Kang, N., Essel, E., Roussinova, V., and Balachandar, R., 2021, Effects of approach flow conditions on the unsteady three-dimensional wake structure of a square-back Ahmed body, Physical Review Fluids, APS, In press.
- Mosavati, M., Balachandar, R. and Barron, R. 2021, Characteristics of self-oscillating twin jets, Physics of Fluids, In press.
- Nasif, G., Balachandar, R. and Barron, R., 2020, Supercritical flow in smooth open channels with different aspect ratios, Physics of Fluids, 32, 105102, https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0021609.
- Jeyalakshmi, S., Chilkoti, V., Bolisetti, T and Balachandar, R., 2020, Earth data assimilation in hydrologic models: recent advances, International Journal of Environmental Studies, https://doi.org/10.1080/00207233.2021.1875303.
- Mosavati, M., Barron, R. and Balachandar, R., 2020, Characteristics of self-oscillating jets in a confined cavity, Physics of Fluids, In press.
- Jesudhas, V., Balachandar, R. Murzyn, F. and Wang, H., 2020, Modelling Hydraulic Jumps: IDDES versus Experiments, Environmental Fluid Mechanics, In press, IISN: 1567-7419 (Print), 1573-1510, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10652-019-09734-5.
- Fukuda, K., Balachandar, R., and Barron, R., 2020, Analysis of the ground effect on development of flow structures around an inclined solar panel, Environ Fluid Mech (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10652-020-09750-w.
- Sridhar, A., Balachandar, R and Barron, R., 2020, Quasi-1D Model for Exhaust Gas and Pipe with Convective and Temperature Dependent Emissivity based Radiative Heat Losses, Thermal Science and Engineering Progress, 18 (2020) doi.org/10.1016/j.tsep.2020.100500.
- Essel, E., Roussinova, V. and Balachandar, R., 2020, Free Surface Effects on Spanwise Turbulent Structure in the Far-Field of Submerged Jets, Physics of Fluids, Vol. 32, 035108, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5143241.
- Essel, E., Das, S. and Balachandar, R., 2020, Effects of Rear Slant Angle on the Turbulent Wake Flow between Two In-line Ahmed Bodies, Atmosphere, Special Issue: Wake Flows and Air Quality in the Atmosphere, 11(4), p.328.
- Mahananda, M., Hanmaiahgari, P. R., Balachandar, R., and V. Roussinova, V., 2020, Effects of Aspect Ratio on Higher-Order Moments, Conditional Statistics, TKE Budget and Anisotropy in Narrow Open Channel Flow, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, NRC, In press.
- Esmaeilzadeh, M., Barron, R.M. and Balachandar, R., 2020, Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations in Arbitrary Shaped Domains Using Cartesian Cut-Stencil Finite Difference Method, Part I: Concepts and Fundamentals, Numerical Math. Theor. Meth. Appl., Elsevier, In press., doi: 10.4208/nmtma.
- Chilkoti, V., Bolisetti, T. and Balachandar, R., 2020, Investigating the role of hydrological model parameter uncertainties in future streamflow projections, Journal of Hydrological Engineering, ASCE, 25(10), October 2020.
- Maji, S., Hanmaiahgari , P. R., Balachandar, R., Pu, J. H. , Ricardo, A., Ferreira, R. L, 2020, A Review on Hydrodynamics of Free Surface Flows in Emergent Vegetated Channels, Water, 12(4), 1218, https://doi.org/10.3390/w12041218.
- Sharma, S., Jesudhas, V., Balachandar, R., and Barron, R., 2019, Turbulence Structure of a Counter-flowing Wall Jet, Physics of Fluids 31, 025110, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5082550.
- Williams, P., Balachandar, R., Bolisetti, T., 2019, Examination of blockage effects on the progression of local scour around a circular cylinder, Water, Special Issue: Experimental, Numerical and Field Approaches to Scour Research, 11(12), 2631.
- Sharma, A., Kumar. B. and Balachandar, R., 2019, Comparison of Flow and Morphological Characteristics in Uniform and Non-uniform Sand Bed Channel, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1139/cjce-2017-0627.
- Chilkoti, V., Bolisetti, T., and Balachandar, R, 2019, Diagnostic evaluation of hydrologic models employing flow duration curve, ASCE Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, 24(6), https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)HE.1943-5584.0001778.
- Nasif, G., Balachandar, R., and Barron, R., 2019, Influence of Bed Proximity on the Three- Dimensional Characteristics of the Wake of a Sharp-Edged Bluff Body, Physics of Fluids 31, 025116 (2019); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5085666