Distinguished University Professor
519-253-3000 ext. 3563
Office: 3060 CEI
- BEng (Mechanical Engineering)
- PhD (Civil Engineering)
- Fluid-structure interaction, sprays
- local scour, hydraulic structures
- mixing, jets, wall jets
- fluid flow with heat transfer
- International Association of Hydraulic Research
- Canadian Society of Civil Engineering
- CFD Society of Canada
- Essel, E., Tachie, M., Balachandar, R., 2021, Time-resolved wake dynamics of finite wall-mounted circular cylinders submerged in a turbulent boundary layer, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, doi: 10.1017/jfm.2021.265, 40 pages. Published Online on 21 April 2021.
- Das, S; Balachandar, R.; Barron, R, 2022, Generation and characterization of fully developed state in open channel flow, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Volume 934, 10 March 2022, doi: 10.1017/jfm.2021.1133 Published Online on 19 January 2022.
- Das, S; Balachandar, R.; Barron, R, 2022, Effect of free surface perturbation on fully developed smooth open channel flow, Journal of Hydraulic Research, IAHR, Online Feb 2022, doi.org/10.1080/00221686.2021.2004255.
- Aleyasin, S., Tachie, M and Balachandar, R., 2021, Characteristics of flow past elongated bluff bodies with underbody gaps due to varying inflow turbulence, Physics of Fluids, AIP, Online Published in December 2021, Paper highlighted as Editor’ pick.
- Shinneeb, M., Nasif, G. and Balachandar, R., 2021, Effect of the aspect ratio on the velocity field of a straight open channel flow, Physics of Fluids 33, 0805110, DOI:10.1063/5.0057343.
- Kang, N., Essel, E., Roussinova, V., and Balachandar, R., 2021, Effects of approach flow conditions on the unsteady three-dimensional wake structure of a square-back Ahmed body, Physical Review Fluids, 6, 034613, DOI:10.1103/PhysRevFluids.6.034613.
- Mosavati, M., Balachandar, R. and Barron, R. 2021, Characteristics of self-oscillating twin jets, Physics of Fluids, DOI: 10.1063/5.0033869.
- Mahanand, M., Hanmaiahgari, P. R., Balachandar, R., 2021, On the turbulence characteristics in developed and developing rough narrow open channel flow, Journal of Hydro-environment Research, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jher.2021.11.003.
- Devi, K., Hanmaiahgari, P, Balachandar, R. and Pu, J. H., 2021, Self-Preservation of Turbulence Statistics in the Wall-Wake Flow of a Bed-mounted Horizontal Pipe, Geophysical and Environmental Fluid Mechanics, Fluids (Accepted).
- Moradi, M., Sajjadi, M., Balachandar, R and Ilinca, A, 2021, Experimental analysis of multi-horizontal submerged jets energy dissipater, ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, https://doi.org/10.1080/09715010.2021.1885508.
- Devi, K., Hanmaiahgari, P., Balachandar, R., Pu, J. H., 2021, A comparative study between sand- and gravel-bed open channel flows in the wake region of a bed-mounted horizontal cylinder, Fluids, DOI: 10.3390/fluids6070239.
- Shinneeb, M., Nsif, G. and Balachandar R., 2021, Computational Invesigation of the effect of the aspect ratio on secondary currents in open channels, Transactions on Engineering Sciences, WIT Press, Vol. 132, 49-59, doi:10.2495/MPF210051.