Department Head, Associate Professor
519-253-3000 ext. 2588
Office: 3076 CEI
Dr. Henshaw is not accepting any new graduate students at this time.
- PhD Environmental Engineering, University of Windsor, 1995
- MASc Environmental Engineering, University of Windsor, 1990
- BEngSci Mechanical Engineering, University of Western Ontario, 1985
- BSc Chemistry, University of Western Ontario, 1983
- Solar energy
- Automotive coatings application
- Greenhouse modelling
- Professional Engineers Ontario
- American Solar Energy Society
- American Society for Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers
- Wang, X., Henshaw, P. and Ting, D. S.-K. (2021) Exergoeconomic analysis for a thermoelectric generator using mutation particle swarm optimization (M-PSO). Applied Energy, 294, 116952, Jul. 2021, doi: 10.1016/j.apenergy.2021.116952.
- Wang, X., Ting, D.S.-K. and Henshaw, P. (2020) Mutation particle swarm optimization (M-PSO) of a thermoelectric generator in a multi-variable space. Energy Convers. & Mangmnt, 224, 113387, Nov. 2020, doi: 10.1016/j.enconman.2020.113387.
- Fouladi, F., Henshaw, P., Ting, D.S.-K. and Ray, S. (2019) Wind Turbulence Impact on Solar Energy Harvesting. Heat Transfer Eng. 41 (5), 407-417.
- Ray, R. and Henshaw, P. (2019) Characteristics of spray atomization for liquid droplets formed using a rotary bell atomizer. ASME J. Fluids Engineering, 141 (8), 081303-1 to 081303-7.
- Aman, J., Henshaw, P. and Ting, D.S.-K. (2019) Enhanced exergy analysis of a bubble-pump-driven LiCl-H2O absorption air-conditioning system. Int. J. Exergy, 28 (4), 333-354.
- Aman, J., Henshaw, P. and Ting, D.S.-K. (2018) Bubble-pump-driven LiBr-H2O and LiCl-H2O absorption air-conditioning systems. Thermal Sci. & Engineering Progress, 6, 316-322.
- Ray, R. and Henshaw, P. (2018) Evaporation of clearcoat solvents from a rotary bell atomizer and its relationship with bell speed, flow rate and electrostatic potential. J. Coatings Tech. Res. 15 (1), 41-49.
- Aman, J., Henshaw, P. and Ting, D.S.-K. (2018) Solar sorption cooling for residential air-conditioning applications. Int. J. Renewable Energy Tech., 9 (1/2) 136-157.
- Aman, J., Henshaw, P. and Ting, D.S.-K. (2017) Performance characterization of a bubble pump for vapor absorption refrigeration systems. Int. J. Refrigeration, 85, 58-69.
- Aman, J., Henshaw, P. and Ting, D.S.-K (2017) Energy efficiency and economic feasibility of an absorption air-conditioning system using wet, dry and hybrid heat rejection methods. Int. J. Env. Studies 75 (1) 68-85.
- Henshaw, P. (2017) Modelling changes to an unheated greenhouse in the Canadian Subarctic to lengthen the growing season. Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, 24 (Dec.) 31-38.
- Fouladi, F., Henshaw, P., Ting, D.S.-K. and Ray, S. (2017) Flat plate convection heat transfer enhancement via a square rib, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, 104 1202-1216.
- Fouladi, F., Henshaw, P. and Ting, D.S.-K. (2015) Effect of a triangular rib on a flat plate boundary layer, ASME J. Fluids Engineering 138 (1) 011101-1 to 011101-11.
- Ray, R., Henshaw, P., Biswas, N. and Sak, C. (2015) Effects of bell speed and flow rate on evaporation of water spray from a rotary bell atomizer, Coatings, 5 (2) 186-194.
- Ray, R., Sak, C., Biswas, N. and Henshaw, P. (2015) Evaporation of water spray using a phase Doppler anemometer (PDA), Atomization & Sprays 25 (7), 539-551.
- Fouladi, F., Henshaw, P. and Ting, D.S.-K. (2015) Turbulent flow over a flat plate downstream of a finite height perforated plate, ASME J. Fluids Engineering, 137 (2), 021203.
- Martinez Narro, G., Henshaw, P., Ting D.S.-K. (2014) Mexico’s shoreline as a site for the transition to renewable energy, Int. J. Enviro. Studies 71 (6) 877-886.
- Prendi, L., Mills, M., Bastien, J. and Henshaw, P. (2014) Thermosetting Powder Coatings: Finish Appearance and Durability at Cure Window Corner Points, Progress in Organic Coatings, 78, 411-418.
- Aman, J., Ting, D.S.-K. and Henshaw, P. (2014) Residential solar air conditioning: Energy and exergy analyses of an ammonia-water absorption cooling system. Appl. Thermal Eng’g. 61 (2), 424-432.
- Fouladi, F., Henshaw, P. and Ting, D.S-K. (2013) Enhancing Smart Grid realization with accurate prediction of photovoltaic performance based on weather forecast. Int. J. Env. Studies 70 (5), 754-764.