- Creating practical engineering solutions by integrating sensors, actuators, microcontrollers, programmable logic controllers (PLC), and robots into industrial automation applications.
- Yumi ABB robotic production which is a collaborative, double arm, little parts assembling robot that incorporates adaptable and flexible hands, parts nourishing systems, camera-based inspection system also state-of-the-art robot control.
- SIMATIC S71200 Siemens PLC/HMI training module which can be applied for fully process automation and control.
- SIMATIC S71500 Siemens PLC/HMI training module with collaborative manufacturing production system.
- Totally Integrated Automation Portal (TIA portal) with the latest updates.
- Allen Bradley Micrologix training module, equipped with the real-world industrial modules.
- Sensors, actuators, pneumatic circuits and systems embedded into complex manufacturing/industrial processes.
- Manufacturing Production Systems (MPS) including Sorting station, pick and place station, handling station, and transfer station.
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Distributed Control (DCS) systems.
- Industrial data communication, control network protocols, OPC platforms.
To get involved with the Mechatronics Research Lab
Contact: Dr. Shahpour Alirezaee
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
519-253-3000, Ext. 7472