About the Writing Support Desk
As COVID-19 restrictions continue to loosen and in keeping with the University of Windsor's policies, the Writing Support Desk will now offer services online and in-person.
Some workshops are also available as video tutorials on our website under 'Video Tutorials' as well as on the WSD Blackboard page under Resources > Video Tutorials and/or Virtual Lounge > Recordings. Please note that students who do not yet have access to the WSD Blackboard page under Organizations must use the self enrollment link here or on the workshops page to gain access.
For further information regarding how to access Writing Support Desk services online, please see the below drop-down menu or email email@example.com. For general information about Writing Support, visit our FAQ page.
The Writing Support Desk staff is committed to providing the highest level of service to students while maintaining best practices for health and safety. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Yes. Only students with appointments booked will be able to access consultations.
To ensure the most efficient service, please take the following steps:
1. Email the Word (.doc or .docx) document you wish to work on to us in advance of your meeting, ideally an hour or more before.
2. Check your email before your meeting starts for a meeting invite.
3. Follow the MS Teams meeting link. For more information on accessing meetings through Microsoft Teams, visit the MS Teams website.
If you do not already have access to the Writing Support Desk's Blackboard page (under Organizations), please use the self enrollment link on in the workshops section of our webpage to gain access. (https://www.uwindsor.ca/success/342/workshops)
Once you have Blackboard access, take the following steps:
1. Log into your Blackboard page, select 'Organizations', and select 'Writing Support.'
2. From the menu, select 'Virtual Lounge.'
3. Choose the workshop that you would like to attend, and join the room. Virtual classrooms will open 15-minutes before the scheduled start time.
4. You should then be able to see the workshop slides and hear the presenter.
About the Writing Support Desk
The Writing Support Desk is located on the main floor of Leddy Library and is a service that provides students with help regarding various aspects of their academic writing, including
interpreting assignment prompts
constructing strong theses and arguments
grammar, punctuation, and syntax problems
analyzing and integrating sources
citing and referencing
Students should note that the WSD is not a proofreading service. Though we will examine as much of a sample of writing as we can in the space of a one-on-one consultation, our goal is to teach students how to improve their writing, not to edit the work.
Students can email their work in advance of their appointments to firstname.lastname@example.org (.docx or .doc formats only please).
If you require accommodations for a disability, please contact the Writing Support Desk at email@example.com.
Location: Leddy Library Main Floor