About the Alumni Association
Through service to the University of Windsor, the Alumni Association adds value to the lives of alumni and friends. In partnership with alumni and friends, the Association fosters pride in the University and enhances the UWindsor reputation through communication, celebration of success and the development of lifelong relationships with graduates past, present and future.
Brand Ambassador Volunteer Job Description (Job ID: V3-2018)
Along with other Brand Ambassadors, this role is responsible for the energetic promotion of the University of Windsor Alumni Association, with a focus on activation and personal information updates, raising awareness on the products and services offered by the Alumni Association, building brand recognition/ loyalty and increasing Alumni engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Attend Community Events on Behalf of Alumni Association Outreach Team
- With other Brand Ambassadors, attend various community events representing the Alumni Association to execute the Alumni Association’s outreach strategy
Increase Brand Recognition/ Loyalty
With other Brand Ambassadors, contribute to increased brand recognition/ loyalty by:
- increasing awareness of the Alumni Association’s products and services,
- updating personal information of alumni and friends for alumni-specific communications and,
- activate alumni and friends in the community to receive future Alumni Association information and communications
- In collaboration with the Alumni Coordinator – Special Projects and other Brand Ambassadors, brainstorm and implement various fun and exciting ways to engage alumni and friends at community events
Event Planning and Coordination
- In collaboration with the Alumni Coordinator – Special Projects and other Brand Ambassadors, assist with the planning and coordination of the outreach team’s involvement at community events and engagement opportunities
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, specifically verbal
- Friendly, energetic, outgoing and comfortable engaging with new people in various community settings
- Flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including evening and weekend shifts
- Ability to gather feedback and provide valuable insight in an effort to improve outreach strategies
- Knowledge and understanding of current marketing practices considered an asset
- Knowledge of marketing using social media platforms considered an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of the Alumni Association’s products, services and mandate (training will be provided where required)
Medium – Long Term Commitment
- Commitment time frame: May – October
- Approximately 4-6 hours per month, however time commitment may vary based on community events schedule
- Brand Ambassadors will be expected to attend a minimum of 3 community events/ engagement opportunities during the period of May – October.
- Weekday evening, weekends are a requirement of this role, based on event and meeting schedule(s)
- Events taking place outdoors, which may include the exposure to various weather conditions
- This role requires standing and/or sitting for long periods of time, possibly upwards of 3 hours
- Heavy lifting of objects less than 40 lbs. may be required (lifting boxes of promotional items, giveaway items and other outreach materials)
- Must have access to reliable transportation
If you meet the qualifications listed above and would like to volunteer with the University of Windsor Alumni Association, we want to hear from you!
Please be advised that a limited number of volunteer opportunities exist. Although the Alumni Association may not be able to accept all applicants, applications and resumes will be retained electronically for 12 months. Should future volunteer opportunities become available that match your skills and experience, the Office of Alumni Affairs and Donor Communications will reach out accordingly.
Alumni Affairs and Donor Communications review all applications in relation to available opportunities and contacts persons whose skills and experience match these opportunities.
Alumni Affairs and Donor Communications, in collaboration with the University of Windsor Alumni Association is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation please contact email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your needs.