You can generate your unofficial transcript through UWinsite Student so long as you are in good standing financially with the University of Windsor.
Unofficial transcripts are free of charge and bear the notation Unofficial Transcript. These transcripts can be used for your personal records.
For assistance generating an unofficial transcript, please see this ask.uwindsor article.
NOTE on OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS:
Some things about OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.....
- Where to Order:
- Order your official transcript through UWinsite Student
- You must be in good standing financially with the University of Windsor. If you have an outstanding balance, the University will not process your transcript requests until the balance is paid
- Official Seal:
- An official transcript bears the official seal of the University of Windsor
- Is sent directly from the University of Windsor to another institution or official of an organization
- If an official transcript is issued to a student, it will be in a sealed envelope stamped "Transcript was Issued to Student in Sealed Envelope." It must be received thus to be considered official
- Official Transcripts will not be sent to student electronically
- If you select to have a transcript sent to you electronically, it will be stamped Unofficial
- For Official Transcript costs, please see Registrarial Fees.
- Language of Transcript:
- The Office of the Registrar will print transcripts in English only.
- Nursing Students:
- If a transcript is required as part of the Nursing Visa Screen application process, please review instructions prior to ordering your transcript
Hold Transcript - Release Periods
- Fall - 3rd week in January
- Winter - Last week of May
- Intersession - 3rd week in July
- Summer - 1st week in September
- 1 week after Spring or Fall Convocation
Mail or Courier?
UWinsite Student official transcript requests are processed overnight. Every attempt is made to send out the transcripts by regular mail the next business day. During periods of high volume in the Office of the Registrar it may take up to seven business days to mail the transcripts.
If you wish to have a transcript sent by courier, an additional courier charge is applied in UWinsite Student when ordering your official transcript.
For current Courier charges, please see Registrarial Fees.
When ordering transcripts using UWinsite Student, costs for transcripts and applicable courier fees can be:
- Paid online through UWinsite Student by Interac or credit card
- Charged to your Student Account if you are a current student.
You can confirm and arrange payment of charges to your Student Account by logging into UWinsite Student and clicking the "Financial Account" tile. Payment may be made the following ways:
- Web Banking
- Debit - in person at Cashier's Office
- eCommerce (Credit card only)
- Cheque or Money Order - made payable to the University of Windsor, be sure to write your student ID# on the cheque or money order, send to:
University of Windsor
401 Sunset Ave.
Windsor, ON N9B 3P4
Want to confirm your transcript request has been processed?
Log into UWinsite Student and click Academic Records > Request Official Transcript. Then click the "View All Requests" tab found in the Request Official Transcript page.
Please follow this link to view the Transcript Legend (Grading Key).
Official Transcript Submissions
If you are required to provide an official transcript to the University of Windsor for admissions or confirmation purposes, the Office of the Registrar will accept official transcripts emailed directly from other secondary and post-secondary institutions. Emailed official transcripts must come directly from the institution, from an email that can be verified online. Transcripts that come directly from an applicant, student, or non-verifiable email will not be accepted.
Applicants are still able to upload unofficial transcripts and other admissions documents to their UWinsite Student (undergraduate) or EGAS (graduate) accounts as required. Any questions regarding submitting official transcripts through email can be sent to TRANSCRIPTS@uwindsor.ca.