Alumni Supported Benefits & Services for Students
The University of Windsor Alumni Association is proud to support activities and programs which benefit alumni, students and the UWindsor community, and which are consistent with the associations mission and values. Applicants requesting greater than $100 must follow this procedure. Applications must meet all criteria in order to be considered.
Proposals for Funding are due no later than two weeks prior to the scheduled meeting. To confirm meeting schedule and ensure a position on the agenda, please contact Fedela Falkner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (519) 253-3000 ext. 4141.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted
Applications for funding are submitted using the Online Application Form. All attached documents should be typed. For consideration by the committee, please ensure that all four sections are complete:
- A brief description of the project in satisfaction of the Alumni Association Value(s);
- Budget Information (salary, supplies, equipment, etc.) outlining how the funds will be used;
- One (1) external letter of reference; and
- A brief, one page report, photographs and any updated contact information from participants and attendees following the completion of the project. (Alumni Office to provide "Information Update" cards, if necessary).
The Public Affairs Committee typically approves requests up to $1,000 in support of student and alumni special events and projects. Applicants (or a representative) will be asked to attend a meeting of the committee to support the request and answer questions.
2018 Public Affairs Committee Meeting Schedule:
- September 5
- October 3
- November 7
Note: Meeting dates are subject to change
Sample of Projects Funded by the Alumni Association
- A Conversation with Antoni Cimolino: My Life at the Stratford Festival - School of Dramatic Art
- UWSA Welcome Week 2013
- Outreach Trips to Lajitas, Honduras and Hurangal, Peru (S.O.S.)
- 50th Anniversary "Math & Stats Chats"
- SACI Alumni Showcase Exhibition and Concert
- CEI 50th Anniversary Open House
- Shine Day
- Distinguished Alumnus Reading by Alexander MacLeod
- Alistair MacLeod’s “No Great Mischief” Stage Show & Reception
- Distinguished Alumnus Reading by Phil Hall
- Political Science 50th Anniversary Celebration
- Publication: History & Memories of the Faculty of Education
- Odette School of Business, Celebrate! Our Past, Our Present, Our Future
- UWSA-Windsor Welcome Week/Save Water for Trees Campaign
- OPUS 3rd Annual Appreciation Week
- ChemBiochem Alumni Symposium
- GSS BBQ
This fund supports events and reunions, to a maximum of $1000, that provide opportunities for alumni and students to participate in activities in support of the University of Windsor and to host and/or sponsor events in Canada, the United States and Internationally. Applications must be submitted at least one month prior to event for consideration. We will advise you of the next meeting date upon receipt of your application.
Designed to promote student involvement on campus, the Alumni Association’s Student Initiative Funding Program is geared towards groups, clubs, or societies, but is also open to considering applications from individual students who are looking to make a difference on campus.
Successful applicants will receive up to a $100 in support of their initiative. Since its inception in 2005, the Student Initiative Funding program has supported a number of worthwhile student events.
Recently supported activities include:
- Nigeria Independence Day Dinner, Nigerian Student Association
- Boo at the U, Residence Services
- EID Dinner, Muslim Students Association
- Model NATO, International Relations Club
- Forensic Science Conference
- African Union Cultural Show, African Union
- ACC Las Vegas Party, Asian Canadian Cultural Club
- CBA Multicultural Show, Chemistry & Biochemistry Student Association
You, your club, or society can benefit from the support of your Alumni Association for your next campus initiative. It's a matter of pride!
To apply for funding…
- Determine if you’re eligible to apply. All alumni and students who are representatives of a recognized university society, group, or club are eligible to apply for funding. In order to consider sponsorship of a program or special project by a group and/or individual, the project must showcase the Alumni Association and our values:
- to foster the students’ seamless entry in the Alumni Association,
- to add significant value to the lives of students and alumni.
- Download and complete the funding application (.doc)
- Submit your completed application for review
- By e-mail to email@example.com, or by mail to: Office of Alumni Affairs, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario N9B 3P4