ADMISSION FOR THE MENG PROGRAM IS NOW CLOSED FOR FALL 2019 AND WINTER 2020.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING CONSIDERED FOR SUMMER 2020 and FALL 2020.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering (BASc, BSc, BEng, or equivalent) with a minimum 73% average for domestic students and a minimum 1st class/division placement for international students. Please note that minimum admission averages vary by country – such as 80% for studies completed in China, 70% for studies completed in Iran/Bangladesh/Pakistan and India, etc.
- In order to be eligible for admission to the MEng program, you cannot have more than three failures/resits/backlogs in your four-year undergraduate degree program. If you have graduated from a degree program in India, please provide our office with the backlog certificates or individual mark sheets. This documentation must be on letterhead from your university and should list the course name, semester taken and the number of times the course was repeated before it was passed. Please submit this required documentation in PDF format and send with your student ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be able to complete the evaluation of your application until this documentation is received.
- For applicants whose native language is not English, an English language proficiency test score (TOEFL - 237/92, MELAB - 80, CAEL - 70, IELTS - 6.5) is required
An MEng Degree may be awarded upon successful completion of a total of eight courses (the MEng has no research component/thesis/work with a faculty supervisor). Of these eight courses ...
- Four courses must be from the student's major (Five courses for Civil and Environmental students)
- Plus four required courses to be taken in the first or second semester of the program: Computational Methods and Modeling for Engineering Applications (Civil and Environmental students are not required to take this course); Engineering Technical Communications; Engineering Mathematics; and Engineering Project Management
- Co-op program is optional and students must apply for admission in their first study term.
For complete information on Admissions and Program Requirements, please visit the MEng Regulations page on the Registrar's site.