- Our MHK program is uniquely structured to offer both a research thesis stream and an internship stream.
- The internship stream provides hands-on work experience to complement coursework.
- The MHK program offers concentrations in either Applied Human Performance (sport and exercise psychology, biomechanics and ergonomics, exercise physiology, motor learning and control, lifespan and development, and nutrition), or Sport Management (sport marketing, human resources, policy development, leadership, organizational behaviour, community development, sport finance and economics, sport and the law, sport sociology, sport history).
- According to SportBusiness International’s Postgraduate Sports Course Rankings, our MHK in Sport Management program has ranked in the top 25 of university programs of its kind across the globe. It was the only Canadian school to make the cut
Ph.D. in Kinesiology
- The main goal of the PhD program in Kinesiology is to allow students interested in the Movement Science or Socio-cultural aspects of Kinesiology to develop excellence in designing, conducting and disseminating research knowledge to the broader community including: the workplace; sport, teaching, and leisure environments; and exercise physical activity and rehabilitation settings.
Areas of Research include:
- Biomechanics and Ergonomics
- Motor Behaviour and Lifespan Development
- Physical Activity and Cardiovascular Research (PACR)
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Sport Management
Program Specific Admission Requirements
Deadline for Fall: February 1
Deadline for Winter: September 1 (M.H.K. only)
Deadline for May: January 1 (M.H.K. only)
Minimum TOEFL: IBT-100
Minimum IELTS: (7.0 - no individual band lower than 6.0 for PhD)
Minimum Pearson: 68
Minimum MELAB: 85
Minimum CAEL: 70
M.H.K: Two Academic References. Please also complete the supplementary admission form and statement interest
Ph.D.: Three References (two academic), Resume/CV, Letter indicating proposed field of study, a sample of written work, a personal statement of interest