M.F.A Visual Arts
- The Master of Fine Arts Program in Visual Arts at the University of Windsor is a two-year, studio-centered program geared towards creative exploration, innovative experimentation and the development of a sustainable artistic practice.
- The program provides graduate students with a critical and theoretical framework that enables the independent development of artistic research and studio production that is supported by a range of dynamic faculty, visiting artists, curators and critics.
- Windsor’s School of Creative Arts has one of the longest running MFA programs in Canada, founded in 1979.
- University of Windsor MFA graduates have gone on to establish significant careers as visual artists, educators, curators and arts professionals.
- Our program is distinguished for its focus on intensive graduate supervision, spacious facilities and openness to unconventional practices.
- We encourage a multi-disciplinary approach to art that enables students to experiment with a variety of media and methods to discover those best suited to realizing their creative projects.
Sample Creative Project Topics
- Video Installation
- Audio Responsive Installation
- Social Practice
- Bio art
- Urban Interventions
Program Specific Admission Requirements
Deadline for Fall: February 1
Deadline for Winter: -
Deadline for Summer: -
Minimum TOEFL: IBT-83
Minimum IELTS: 6.5
Minimum Pearson: 65
Applicants must submit a portfolio of their work
Three Referee Assessments