The University of Windsor is committed to internationalization.
Sitting at the edge of our country, in the heart of North America and within view of our American neighbours, the University of Windsor has a distinct vantage point in which to engage in global transitions that affect people's lives. This is heightened by our student population, which is comprised of over 17% international students from nearly 100 countries, a faculty complement richly representing many countries and cultures and our region where 20% of area residents were born outside of Canada.
Our primary internationalization goals include:
- Encourage the engagement of every academic program in international initiatives as they are appropriate to the discipline
- Compete effectively at a global level to attract and retain the best international students and manage international student enrolment opportunities sustainably in the context of institutional program capacity and priorities
- Encourage faculty, student and staff exchanges and placements, as well as co-op and internship opportunities, that offer an international experience
- Provide encouragement and support to University of Windsor centres or groups that have the capacity to significantly engage in international research and graduate training opportunities
- Provide clear and consistent messages to potential international students and researchers about the benefits of studying or working at the University of Windsor, and provide supportive services for then when they are here