International Student Centre (ISC) is offering the Soft Landing Program to help incoming international students prepare for their move to Canada, get settled in Windsor, and begin their new life at the University of Windsor.
This process can be overwhelming.
We have prepared the following information to help you prepared for your journey.
IMPORTANT NOTICE for booking a room August 31 - Sept 1
Please keep in mind that during the Labour Day Holiday weekend rooms can be a very high demand for hotels within the City of Windsor.
We have done our best to reserve as many rooms as possible to meet the demand of our incoming international students.
You must first call the Quality Inn & Suites to verify that a last minute reservation is not available at:
Local number: 519-258-8411 / Toll Free number: 1-866-454-6444
If they have confirmed that there are no rooms available for August 31 & Sept 1, please visit:
https://visitwindsoressex.com/categories/hotel/ for more hotel possibilities. If you have no choice but to book elsewhere, you may save the original copy of your receipt from your August 31st or September 1st stay, bring it to the ISC between September 4th and 14th, and the ISC will reimburse you for $50.00 toward your receipt.
Note: This offer is only valid if the Quality Inn and Suites is booked and only for one of the 2 nights indicated above.
Dear International Students:
Please be advised that there has been a recent change to the Softlanding Hotel location.
Previously, you were directed to the Sunbridge Hotel and Conference Centre on Ouellette Ave.
Effective Friday, April 20th 2018, they will no longer be able to accommodate students for the Softlanding Program.
You are therefore notified that you should instead make your way to the following hotel for your one night free accommodation:
Quality Inn & Suites
675 Goyeau St, Windsor, ON N9A 1H3
- First Night in Windsor: If you arrive in Windsor outside of the university’s regular business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM) and require accommodation for the first night, you may be entitled to your first night free at the Quality Inn & Suites
When you contact the hotel we must let them know you are an International Student taking part in the Softlanding Program and identify your student number.
Cancelling reservation: If you need to cancel your reservation you must do so at least 24 hours in advance.
Rooms will be given at double occupancy (2 beds with 2 people per room) The hotel will pair you with another student, unless you are travelling with a friend and will be sharing with them, in this case you must let the hotel staff know.
- To book your room please contact the email or toll free number below no later than 24-72 hours prior to your arrival:
- firstname.lastname@example.org Local number: 519-258-8411 / Toll Free number: 1-866-454-6444
- The following additional costs must be paid at your own expense:
- Additional charges may be applied for a single occupancy room (if you refuse to share a room for reasons other than the arrival time, you will have to pay the additional fees)
- Taxi fare from the airport to the hotel
- Any additional nights of accommodation
Thank you for your understanding during this transition.
International Student Centre