This webpage and the attached forms are of special interest to undergraduates who are beginning 4th year honours theses (or any other independent research project conducted by an undergraduate).
All research that is done at the University of Windsor must first get research ethics clearance. Generally this is done at the university level. However, the Psychology Departmental Research Ethics Commitee (Psych-REC) is a satellite of the University of Windsor Research Ethics Board and is authorized to approve undergraduate projects that are completed in a 12 month period.
Faculty members, graduate students, or undergraduate students who have external funding (e.g., through a grant), need to make applications for ethics approval to the University of Windsor Research Ethics Board and cannot submit to the Psych-REC.
If you are not an undergraduate, you will find more information on the University's REB website
If you are an undergraduate doing a honours thesis or other independent research, these links and forms will help you.
Application Instructions and Forms for Student Projects
- How to prepare an Ethics Application
- Consent Form template
- Deception Checklist
- Ethics Application
- Ethics Application - When Using Archival Data
- Application for Ethics Review - Approved Projects
- Approved Study Revision Form
- Adverse or Unanticipated Event Report
Other Information: Procedures and Common Concerns
- Ethics committee procedures
- Research Results
- Deadline for Fall 2017 submission of Ethics Application is Friday, December 8, 2017 at 4:00pm
Dr. Jill Singleton-Jackson
Chair, Psychology Department Research Ethics Committee