Advising Services provides information to students about:
- Changing a major or program.
- Understanding degree audits and degree requirements.
- Providing explanations of academic policies and procedures.
- Reviewing academic progress.
- Developing academic success plans.
- Assessment of student needs and referrals to other campus services.
Advisors are trained in student development theory; they can help identify some of the roadblocks students face and suggest avenues for overcoming and avoiding them. Furthermore, Advisors are specialists in the “first-year experience” and the process of transferring universities. Advising Services is an excellent resource for transfer students who are still settling into a new environment at UWindsor.
Because Advisors are up to date on all institutional policies and procedures, they are a great resource for faculty – not just students. Similarly, Advisors are thoroughly knowledgeable about student services on campus. The Advising Services team is a good reference point when you’re not sure whom to contact.
Advising Services is located in Dillon Hall, Room 111.