Marketing is a dynamic and exciting field of study that offers you high paying career opportunities. Business consultant Peter Drucker commented "Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs. Marketing is the distinguishing, unique function of the business."
We are dedicated to instructing you to be effective marketing professionals; to work with business firms and community organizations; and to contribute to marketing thought and the advancement of the discipline.
Students interested in Marketing can specialize in the area or enrol in individual courses.
A Marketing Specialization will provide students the background knowledge to pursue a career as a Brand Manager, Advertising Executive, Market Researcher, Sales Manager, Public Relations Manager, or other career in the field.
Gate-in-courses - Minimum grade of "65" in each of the following:
- MKTG-1310, Principles of Marketing
- MKTG-2320, Marketing Problems-Applications & Decisions
A minimum average of "67" in the following:
- MKTG-3320, Research Methods in Marketing
- MKTG-3340, Consumer Behaviour
and four of the following courses:
- MKTG-3350, Distribution and Marketing Channels
- MKTG-3370, Quantitative Analysis for Marketing Decisions
- MKTG-3380, Retail Marketing Management
- MKTG-3390, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MKTG-4330, Internet Marketing
- MKTG-4332, Product Planning for Marketing Management
- MKTG-4350, International Marketing
- MKTG-4360, Advertising Management
- MKTG-4370, Sales Management
- MKTG-4380, International Logistics
- MKTG-4450, Services Marketing
- MKTG-4910, Special Topics in Marketing
Capstone course - Minimum grade of "67"
- MKTG-4390, Marketing Strategy and Planning
Business Academic Advising is available for Business students by booking an appointment on mySuccess.