Marketing is a dynamic and exciting field of study that offers you high paying career opportunities. Business consultant Peter Drucker commented "Marketing and innovation produce results; all the rest are costs. Marketing is the distinguishing, unique function of the business."
We are dedicated to instructing you to be effective marketing professionals; to work with business firms and community organizations; and to contribute to marketing thought and the advancement of the discipline.
Students interested in Marketing can specialize in the area or enrol in individual courses.
Bachelor of Commerce with Marketing Specialization
A Marketing Specialization will provide students the background knowledge to pursue a career as a Brand Manager, Advertising Executive, Market Researcher, Sales Manager, Public Relations Manager, or other career in the field.
Gate-in-courses - Minimum grade of "65" in each of the following:
- MKTG-1310, Principles of Marketing
- MKTG-2320, Marketing Problems-Applications & Decisions
A minimum average of "67" in the following:
- MKTG-3320, Research Methods in Marketing
- MKTG-3340, Consumer Behaviour
and four of the following courses:
- MKTG-3350, Distribution and Marketing Channels
- MKTG-3370, Quantitative Analysis for Marketing Decisions
- MKTG-3380, Retail Marketing Management
- MKTG-3390, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MKTG-4330, Internet Marketing
- MKTG-4332, Product Planning for Marketing Management
- MKTG-4350, International Marketing
- MKTG-4360, Advertising Management
- MKTG-4370, Sales Management
- MKTG-4380, International Logistics
- MKTG-4450, Services Marketing
- MKTG-4910, Special Topics in Marketing
Capstone course - Minimum grade of "67"
- MKTG-4390, Marketing Strategy and Planning
Business Academic Advising is available for Business students by booking an appointment on mySuccess.
For more information on the Marketing courses offered at the Odette School of Business, please contact:
Ms. Lena Razwan
Marketing Area Secretary
519-253-3000 ext. 3095 f: 519-973-7073