Students wondering what to discuss with the staff of the Student Success Centre Can take advantage of a new program that suggests varying subjects each day for a drop-in visit to its offices in the CAW Student Centre.
The Service of the Day encourages clients to drop in between 1 and 3 p.m. to meet with a staff member to discuss one of the following topics:
Getting Involved On Campus and Your Co-Curricular Transcript
- Find out how to gain valuable on-campus extracurricular experience, and discover how you can then document this involvement on an official transcript known as the Co-Curricular Transcript. Staff will discuss the various leadership-based volunteer opportunities available such as LEAD@UWindsor, and how to find volunteer opportunities on the UWindsor Volunteer website.
Career Planning and Job Search
- Explore the steps you can take and the services available in the Student Success Centre to help you decide on a career path and conduct an effective job search. Students from all year levels are encouraged to attend.
Getting Workplace Experience
- Find out how you can connect with work place experiences. We’ll provide an overview of the programs and resources available to you that include the Volunteer Internship Program (VIP), co-operative education, opportunities available through our myCareer site and other ways to gain experience.
Learning and Study Skills
- Learn about the variety of resources and supports available to help you become the student you have the potential to be including the STEPS program and specialized services for students with disabilities. We can help you get started on a path to better time management and more effective study strategies.
Information about Services for Students with Disabilities
- Visit with Disability Advisors to discuss support that is available for students with disabilities including academic accommodations, advising, assistive technology, and learning strategy support.
Director Karen Benzinger says the concept promotes a more active approach to getting students to use the services available to them.
“We are looking forward to meeting with students individually to tell them about everything that the Student Success Centre has to offer,” she says. “We know they will benefit from our tips and strategies for making the most of their time at the University of Windsor.”
More information, including the daily schedule, is available on the centre’s website.