WINONE Tutorials offer free one-on-one help with course content from senior engineering students. Peer tutors provide support with first and second-year Engineering course material as well as first-hand guidance on the undergraduate experience.
Changes due to COVID-19
WINONE Tutorials will now be offered online in a Virtual Tutorial Classroom, accessed through a menu link called “WINONE Tutorials - Online Support" on Blackboard. There is also a discussion board with course-specific threads where students can ask questions as well as a WINONE forum for general questions for the First-Year Engineering Office.
- Manage time
- Tackle intimidating assignments
- Receive first-hand insight
- Prepare for exams
- Remain motivated
- No commitments necessary
- Drop in during any of the time slots on the schedule below through “WINONE Tutorials - Online Support" on Blackboard. Registration is not required.
- Develop leadership skills
- Establish a presence in your campus community
- Receive a $1,000 award
- Become eligible to receive one of two $5,000 annual awards*
- Open to third and fourth-year students who excelled in first and second-year courses
Tutors will receive a $1,000 award. WINONE will select approximately ten students to mentor and tutor junior students during weekly tutorials and exam prep sessions.
*WINONE mentors are also eligible to receive the new Liburdi Engineering Mentorship Award, a $10,000 annual award that supports two senior level undergraduate students who are excelling in math and physics.
Deadline to apply: April 14, 2021
Need extra help preparing for UWindsor Engineering exams? The WINONE Tutorials team is holding virtual exam review sessions.
- April 14 at 5:30 p.m. — Engineering Mechanics (GENG 1110)
- April 15 at 4 p.m. — help with any general exam preparation/questions
- April 16 at 8:30 a.m. — Linear Algebra (Engineering) for Mathematics and Statistics (MATH 1270)
- April 17 at 1 p.m. — Differential Calculus (MATH-1720)
- April 18 at 1 p.m. — Integral Calculus (MATH-1730)
All sessions can be accessed on Blackboard through the WINONE organization group in the “Virtual Tutorial Classroom.”
Questions? Ask on the WINONE Blackboard page.
For more information, email WINONE@uwindsor.ca and include the courses you'd like help with.
Room 1161 in the Engineering Student Support Services Centre
Ed Lumley Centre for Engineering Innovation