WINONE Tutorials offer free one-on-one help with course content from senior engineering students. Peer tutors provide support with first and second-year Engineering course material as well as first-hand guidance on the undergraduate experience.
Changes due to COVID-19
The Faculty is planning to offer Winter 2022 tutorial sessions in-person if public health guidelines permit. Students should refer to the WINONE Tutorials – Online Support Blackboard site for announcements and schedules. If you are unable to access the site, please email WINONE@uwindsor.ca with your request. Until we are able to return to campus, WINONE Tutorials will be offered online in a Virtual Tutorial Classroom, accessed through a menu link called “WINONE Tutorials - Online Support" on Blackboard. There is also a discussion board with course-specific threads where students can ask questions as well as a WINONE forum for general questions for the First-Year Engineering Office.
- Manage time
- Tackle intimidating assignments
- Receive first-hand insight
- Prepare for exams
- Remain motivated
- No commitments necessary
- Drop in during any of the time slots on the schedule below through “WINONE Tutorials - Online Support" on Blackboard. Registration is not required.
- Develop leadership skills
- Establish a presence in your campus community
- Receive a $1,000 award
- Become eligible to receive one of two $5,000 annual awards*
- Open to third and fourth-year students who excelled in first and second-year courses
Tutors will receive a $1,000 award. WINONE will select approximately ten students to mentor and tutor junior students during weekly tutorials and exam prep sessions.
*WINONE mentors are also eligible to receive the Liburdi Engineering Mentorship Award, a $10,000 annual award that supports two senior level undergraduate students who are excelling in math and physics.
Apply now to be a mentor for Winter 2022.
Need extra help preparing for UWindsor Engineering exams? The WINONE Tutorial team also holds virtual exam review sessions.
Summer 2021 Exam Review
- MATH 1730 – Integral Calculus
Session: August 13th , 12:30 – 3pm
- MATH 2790 – Differential Equations
Session: August 17th , 12-2 pm
- GENG-2180 Deformable Bodies
Session: August 19th , 12 – 3 pm
- GENG-2500 Engineering and the Environment
Session: August 22nd , 3 – 6 pm
All sessions can be accessed on Blackboard through the WINONE organization group in the “Virtual Tutorial Classroom.”
Questions? Ask on the WINONE Blackboard page.
For more information, email WINONE@uwindsor.ca and include the courses you'd like help with.
Room 1161 in the Engineering Student Support Services Centre
Ed Lumley Centre for Engineering Innovation