Dean, Faculty of Engineering
519-253-3000 ext. 2566
Office: 2124 CEI
- B.A.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Waterloo, 1990
- M.A.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Waterloo, 1992
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Waterloo, 1997
- Air quality issues associated with agricultural practices
- Odour generation and mitigation from cannabis production facilities
- Development of clean air technologies
- Solid state heating & cooling
- Canadian Society for BioEngineering (CSBE) / American Society of Biological and Agricultural Engineers (ASABE)
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the Province of Ontario (1998 to date)
- Spencer, J., V. Osborne, B. Van Heyst, 2021 “Aerosol and gas phase concentrations from an Adapted Annular Denuder System in a Broiler Housing Facility,” Transactions of the ASABE, in press, DOI: 10.13031/trans.14050.
- Siddique, A., K. Venkateshwar, S. Mahmud, B. Van Heyst, 2020, “Performance analysis of bismuth-antimony-telluride-selenium alloy-based trapezoid-shaped thermoelectric pallet for a cooling application,” Energy Conversion and Management, 222, 113245.
- Siddique, A., S. Mahmud, B. Van Heyst, 2020, “Performance comparison between rectangular and trapezoidal shaped thermoelectric legs manufactured by a dispenser printing technique,” Energy, 196, 1 April 2020, 117089.
- Spencer, J., V. Osborne, B. Van Heyst, 2020, “Evaluation of Alternative Annular Denuder Systems for the Collection of Fine Aerosol Particulate Matter,” AgriEngineering, 2, 96–110.
- Wood, D., S. Shaw, T. Cawte, E. Shanen, B. Van Heyst, 2020, “An overview of photocatalyst immobilization methods for air pollution remediation,” Chemical Engineering Journal, 391, 123490.