519-253-3000 ext. 2506
Office: 3064 CEI
- BASc (Tunis), MSc, PhD (Ecole Polytech)
- Numerical simulation of piezoelectric materials
- Damage assessment of quasi-brittle materials (ceramics, concrete, etc.)
- Numerical simulation of fatigue process under multi-axial loading stress
- Seismic analysis of large structures (dams, bridges, etc.)
- F. Ghrib, P. Lger, R. Tinawi, R. Lupien and M. Veilleux, “A Progressive Methodology for Seismic Safety Evaluation of Gravity Dams: from Preliminary Screening to Non-linear Finite Element Analysis,” The International Journal of Hydropower & Dams, Issue two pp. 126-138 (1998).
- F. Ghrib and R. Tinawi, “An application of Damage Mechanics for Seismic Analysis of Concrete Gravity Dams,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 158-173 (1995).
- F. Ghrib, and W. Altenhoff, “A nonlinear Damage Cumulative Model for Multiaxial Fatigue” to be presented at the Canadian Congress of Applied Mechanics, St. John’s NF, Canada (CANCAM).
- H. Kiwa, and F. Ghrib, “Active Vibrations Damping in Laminated Composite Shallow Shells Using Piezoelectric Sensors and Actuators,” to be presented at the Canadian Congress of Applied Mehanics, St. John’s NF, Canada (CANCAM).