THE WATER ENVIRONMENT ASSOCIATION OF ONTARIO (WEAO):
The Water Environment Association of Ontario (WEAO) is a professional organization dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of Ontario's water environment. The New Professionals Committee (NP) has been created under the WEAO to foster technical and professional development of up and coming professionals in the water quality industry.
A part of the NP program is to have Student Chapters in different universities which aim to make a smooth transition from student to professional. The main focuses of these chapters are to:
* Promote student interest in the water environment.
* Develop industry contacts.
* Provide avenues for professional development.
* Provide career information in the Water and Environmental Industry.
* Facilitate information exchange.
* Involve students in WEAO Technical Seminars and new Professional activities.
WEAO STUDENT CHAPTERS:
The purpose of the Student Chapter is to promote student interest in the water environment and to provide an avenue for professional development and exchange of information between Chapter members and members of the WEAO. Student Chapters liaise with WEAO through the WEAO Young Professionals Committee for the initial Chapter set up, training and also for the coordination of joint events, such as technical seminars and site tours.
What are the benefits of Student Membership? When you join WEF as a student, you will gain access to the following services:
- Special plant tours
- Informative technical seminars
- Networking events
- Subscription to Influents and Water Environment & Technology Magazines.
- Scholarship opportunities
- WEF job bank
Low membership fee: access to WEAO and WEF for only CAD$25 (includes monthly WEF magazine). A Student Chapter is a way to meet students interested in water and the environment.
How Can I Get Involved? Your interest in WEAO is a great way to learn about how to protect the water environment. As a student, you can join in now! Contact one of our executives to join.
Windsor Chapter Advisor and Executives:
EXTERNAL AFFAIRS: TBA