519-253-3000 ext. 5491
- Design of AC electric machines
- Control and testing of motor drive systems
- Fault analysis of motor drive systems
- Efficient and power dense electric machines for transportation electrification
- Ph.D., University of Alberta, Canada, 2016
- M.Sc., Shahid Beheshti University, Iran, 2009
- B.Sc., K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Iran, 2007
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Ontario, Canada
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member, Electric Machines Technical Committee, IEEE IAS, IES and PELS
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification
- Associate Editor, IEEE Power Engineering Letters
- M. S. Toulabi, L. Wang, L. Bieber, S. Filizadeh, and J. Jatskevich, “A Universal High-Frequency Induction Machine Model and Characterization Method for Arbitrary Stator Winding Connections,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 1164-1177, Sept. 2019.
- G. Watthewaduge, M. S. Toulabi, S. Filizadeh, and A. M. Gole “Performance Analysis and Operating Limits of a Dual-Inverter Open-Winding IPMSM Drive,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 1655-1666, Sept. 2019.
- B. D. Guruwatta, M. S. Toulabi, and S. Filizadeh, “Multimodal Design Optimization of V-Shaped Magnet IPM Synchronous Machines,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 1547-1556, Sept. 2018.
- M. S. Toulabi, J. Salmon, and A. M. Knight, “Concentrated Winding IPM Synchronous Motor Design for Wide Field Weakening Applications,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 1892-1900, May/June 2017.
- M. S. Toulabi, J. Salmon, and A. M. Knight, “Design, Control, and Experimental Test of an Open Winding IPM Synchronous Motor,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 2760-2769, Apr. 2017.