- FPGA-based power efficient hardware acceleration for High Performance Computing (HPC), high level synthesis (HLS) for FPGAs and automotive embedded systems, especially for autonomous vehicles (AVs) and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS).
- Development of large scale software systems using C/C++ for Electronic Design Automation (EDA), HPC and embedded systems.
- FPGA-based system design for real world applications in Automotive, Networking, DSP, etc.
- Computer-Aided-Design (CAD) algorithms and tools for FPGAs and multi-FPGA systems.
- State-of-the-art FPGA boards from Xilinx and Intel, FPGA acceleration boards from Nallatech and Terasic.
- State-of-the-art CAD tools for HLS and FPGA-based system design from Intel and Xilinx such as Intel SDK for OpenCL and Xilinx Vivado.
- State-of-the-art CAD tools for compilation and simulation of VHDL and Verilog models from Mentor Graphics, Synopsys and Cadence. Embedded System Design tools from Mentor Graphics.
- State-of-the-art Desktop and Server workstations, compilers, debuggers and Computer-Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools for large the development of scale software systems.
To get involved with the Advanced Production and Design Lab
Contact: Dr. Mohammed Khalid
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
519-253-3000, Ext. 2611